The Pittsburgh Pirates continued to make improvements to PNC Park this offseason to ensure Pittsburgh remains home to one of the Best Ballparks in America. The following is a breakdown of some of the enhancements that have been made to the ballpark, fan experience and value offerings in preparation for the 2012 season.
PNC Park Enhancements:
- Budweiser Bowtie Bar – As part of a new multi-year sponsorship agreement with Budweiser, the Pirates and ARAMARK will debut the Budweiser Bowtie Bar at PNC Park this season. Located at the top of section 101, the bar and lounge area is open to all ticket holders. Private groups of 50 or more have the option to rent a portion of the space with hospitality included on game days and non-game days.
The Budweiser Bowtie Bar features:
- An expansive “U” shaped bar will be a focal point in the right field corner.
- An open floor plan overlooking right field, as well as the Allegheny River and Downtown Pittsburgh cityscape.
- Six flat screen HD televisions to ensure fans don’t miss the game action.
- Expanded covered patio space with glass wall to protect fans from weather
- The bar will serve premium draft and craft beers, including Anheuser-Busch products, as well as top shelf, well drinks, wine and frozen drinks.
- Portable carving station featuring cheese steak with Ms. Vickie’s Kettle Chips, as well as jumbo hot dogs, nacho supreme, pretzel and peanuts.
- Diamond Pizza Side Walk Café Style Seating – Located underneath the left field bleachers, Diamond Pizza has expanded to include café style seating where fans can now sit and enjoy pizza, calzones and other menu options inside the ballpark.
- Drink Rail Expansion – The Pirates installed more than 90 feet of drink rail expanding from the base of the Left Field Rotunda and behind the bleacher reserved section. The rails will give fans a place to set their food and drinks down while standing to watch the games in that area.
- No Fees Portable Ticket Kiosks – Fans can now go to any one of 24 portable ticket kiosks placed outside of the ballpark to purchase game tickets or to print out Will Call tickets that were already purchased online or over the phone. New this season, the Pirates have waived all fees associated with any transaction done on the kiosks.
PNC Park Values:
- Dynamic Priced Tickets – New for the 2012 season. The Pirates have introduced dynamic ticket pricing for Bleacher General Admission seating at PNC Park. Tickets for the approximately 1,400 Bleacher General Admission seats will be put on sale 10 days prior to each home game. The initial ticket price will then be adjusted -- both lower and higher -- in real-time, based on ticket availability and other changing factors. More information on the Dynamic Ticket programs can be found online at www.pirates.com/dynamic.
- Kids’ Priced Tickets - Kids’ priced tickets can be purchased at up to $7 off the regular price for kids 14 and younger in selected areas of the ballpark with the purchase of a regularly priced ticket in that same section.
- Buc Day – The Pirates are offering a limited number of $1 tickets for the game against the St. Louis Cardinals on August 22. Fans can also purchase $1 hot dogs and popcorn. All children 14 and younger will receive a Pirates cap.
- PNC Bank Check Card Games – To provide value for fans, 22 PNC Bank Check Card games are available throughout the 2012 season. Fans can save $10 on Baseline Box seats, Lower Outfield Box seats and Outfield Box seats when they purchase tickets with their PNC Bank Check Card. Tickets can be purchased online or at the PNC Park Box Office. Specific PNC Bank Check Card Game dates can be found online at www.pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
- Giant Eagle Advantage Card Games – Also to provide value, 13 Giant Eagle Advantage Card games are available throughout the 2012 season. Fans can save $10 on Baseline Box seats, Lower Outfield Box seats and Outfield Box seats when they show their Giant Eagle Advantage card at the window or enter the code on the back of the card when purchasing online. Tickets can be purchased online or at the PNC Park Box Office. Specific Giant Eagle Advantage Card game dates and information can be found online at ww.pirates.com/advantagecard.
- Value Season Ticket Plans – Due to the popularity of the value plan season tickets a fifth value-priced full season plan was added in the Lower Outfield Box seats for the 2012 season. The value plans will allow more Pirates fans to become full season ticket holders and enjoy the many season ticket holder benefits. The plans, which are limited to 500 in each category, are as follows:
- $1,299 Lower Outfield Box ($16.04 per ticket / $28 regular price)
- $999 Outfield Box ($12.33 per ticket / $24 regular price)
- $799 Grandstand ($9.86 per ticket / $16 regular price
- $699 Bleacher Reserved ($8.63 per ticket / $17 regular price)
- $399 Upper Grandstand ($4.93 per ticket / $10 regular price)
New Food Choices
Premium Seat Area Concessions (Levy Restaurants):
Levy Restaurants, official restaurant partner of the premium seating areas at PNC Park, will introduce the following unique menu items:
Meatball Mania is a new spin on an old fan favorite that’s been added to the PNC Park menu, located in Gunner’s Lounge this season, featuring a skewer of six meatballs, two each of the following three delicious flavors:
- Traditional beef meatball with marinara
- Chicken meatball with green chile verde
- Thai pork meatball with ginger-soy barbecue
- Italian Meatball Panini pressed with marinara and provolone.
- Open Faced Beef Brisket Stack piled on Yukon gold potatoes and thick Texas toast.
- Roasted Turkey Flatbread Sandwiches with chipotle ranch sauce.
- Pulled Pork, a fan favorite tossed in Levy signature BBQ sauce.
- Thai Chile Burger with Niman ranch seasoned pork and beef patty topped with Asian slaw.
Pirates fans can still find their signature PNC Park ballpark favorites, including:
- Gunner’s Foot Long Sausages in hot Italian, traditional hot dog and kielbasa.
- The Pittsburgh Slugger steak sandwich piled high with coleslaw, french-fries and provolone cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with bleu cheese slaw
- Hunan Chicken with grilled vegetables, served over steamed white rice
General Concessions (ARAMARK):
The new signature nacho features lime tortilla chips topped with nacho cheese, homemade smoked jalapeño peach salsa, cilantro crème fraiche, and ground beef. (Located in sections 108, 122 and 128)
General Robinson Grill
Signature footlongs served on a potato bun include:
- Reuben Dog – An all-beef hot dog with Thousand Island dressing, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.
- Smokehouse Dog – An all-beef hot dog with house smoked pulled pork, homemade onion straws and KC style BBQ.
- Polish Hill Dog – An all-beef hot dog with slaw, mini potato pierogies and homemade onion straws.
- Fresh single and double burgers
- Also serving Jumbo Cajun Fries.
Sweet Spot Express
An addition to the popular Sweet Spot serving Cold Cow hard ice cream and soft serve ice cream, fans can now visit the Sweet Spot Express to purchase only soft serve ice cream in a cake or waffle cone. The Sweet Spot will also have four different flavors of milkshakes.
New healthy options concession stand designed for health conscious guests and those with special dietary restrictions. Options include:
- Gluten Free, Kosher Hot Dog
- Gluten Free Nacho served with Salsa
- Gourmet Grilled Cheese (Brie with fruit compote) and Grilled Veggie Toaster (Seasonal grilled veggies) served on gluten free bread and toasted on a panini press.
- Tomato & Mozzarella Salad with baby mozzarella and oven dried grape tomatoes tossed in fresh basil and a balsamic dressing.
- Grilled Veggie Salad with grilled veggies topped with a balsamic reduction.
- Gluten free, Kosher, Vegan Sweet Potato Chips
- Fresh Fruit Cup
- The trendy South Side restaurant, Nakama Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar, is now serving at PNC Park. Located in Pops Plaza on the main concourse at PNC Park, fans can now enjoy what has been voted the best sushi in Pittsburgh for eight years running by Pittsburgh Magazine. Menu items include a variety of sushi rolls, Nigiri, Sashimi, Hibachi (steak, chicken, or shrimp), Diablo (steak, chicken, or shrimp), Egg Rolls and a variety of sides.
Chickie’s & Pete’s
Chickie’s and Pete’s are now serving their famous crabfries in section 132. The crinkle cut fry seasoned with a secret blend of spices is served with a white cheese sauce.