Cardinals Press Release
Tickets go on sale April 26 for the ninth annual Purina Pooches in the Ballpark
Costume Parade on Busch Stadium Field Kicks-Off Game Day Festivities
ST. LOUIS, Mo. (April 25, 2013) - It's time once again for St. Louis canines to "bark" on the Cardinals at Busch Stadium on Saturday, June 22 for the ninth annual Purina® Pooches in the Ballpark event, presented by Schnucks®.
More than 200 dogs, along with their owners, are invited to sit in a special "pooches" section of the ballpark. Tickets for this year's event go on sale tomorrow at 10 a.m. at cardinals.com/pooches. The cost is $115 per person (dogs get in the stadium for free) and tickets will be available on a first come, first served basis. Tickets to last year's game sold out in under a week, so St. Louis dog owners are encouraged to act fast to secure their seats and enjoy a night at the ballpark with their four-legged friends. The first ever "pooches" night game, against the Texas Rangers, will be an evening of fun-filled events including:
- Canine Cardinals Fan Costume Parade 4:45 p.m.
- All four-legged ticket holders (and their owners) will show off their favorite Cardinals gear in a pre-game costume parade on the Busch Stadium field.
- Purina® Incredible Dog Team Performance 5:00 p.m.
- Watch as these incredibly talented, athletic canines will snatch flying discs out of the air while performing some amazing tricks. The Purina® Incredible Dog Team travels across the country performing at sporting events, on television shows and a variety of other public events.
- Purina® Pooches in the Ballpark 6:15 p.m.
- More than 200 canine Cardinals fans will join their owners in the designated "pooch" section of Busch Stadium to cheer on a victory against the Rangers.
WHEN: Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10 a.m. for the ninth annual Purina® Pooches in the Ballpark game on Saturday, June 22. To purchase tickets, learn more about the parade, or for a list of game day rules, please go to cardinals.com/pooches. Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis.
HOW: Visit cardinals.com/pooches for more information about purchasing tickets.
WHO: Purina® and Schnucks® are proud to once again sponsor this fun-filled hometown event the whole family can enjoy - including our beloved four-legged Cardinals fans.