Pirates Press Release
Pirates Homestand Highlights Tuesday, May 20 - Sunday, May 25, 2014
We Are Family Reunion, Alvarez Bobblehead and Pitch for Hope Highlight Pirates Fourth Homestand
The Pirates return to PNC Park for a six-game homestand to host the Baltimore Orioles and the Washington Nationals. This homestand will be highlighted by a reunion of the 1979 World Series Champion Pirates on Wednesday, May 21; the season's first Social Media Night on Thursday, May 22; Pedro Alvarez Silver Slugger Bobblehead on Saturday, May 24, and Kids Day with an Andrew McCutchen wristband giveaway on Sunday, May 25.
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - Pirates vs. Baltimore Orioles (7:05 p.m.)
- Pups in the Park: Fans can enjoy Bucco baseball with their pooch as the Pirates present Pup Nights at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person & 1 dog) costs just $28 with additional human tickets available for $28 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters. Seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information and to order tickets, fans can visit pirates.com/pups.
- VIP Night: Pirates and Pirates Charities Chairman Bob Nutting will host a VIP (Very Important Pirate) Party for the Children's Institute, the Day School's graduating class. The Day School at The Children's Institute is a place of innovation, personal growth and amazing accomplishments, teachers and related services staff work together to provide each child with an extraordinary learning experience. The group will be special guests of Mr. Nutting and will watch the game from the Pirates Charities Suite. Mr. Nutting will host a VIP Party each month during the season in order to provide deserving children with a night at the ballpark in true VIP-style, complete with a private meet-and-greet with Pirates players and coaches, a Pirates replica jersey and VIP goodie bag for each child. There will also be an opportunity to participate in a pregame ceremony and enjoy a great ballpark menu items provided by Levy Restaurants through their Levy Cares program.
- Rookie Season Ticket Party: Before tonight's game from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., the Pirates will host more than 1,000 Rookie (first year accounts) Season Ticket holders at an exclusive pregame party in Blue Lot 7 F. The event will include tents with food, drinks, games, music and more as the event will be catered by Pirates clubhouse chef Anthony. Due to the large increase of true first time season ticket holders, the Pirates have relocated the party from the Left Field Deck to the lot located on the corner of Lacock Street and Federal Street.
Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - Pirates vs. Baltimore Orioles (7:05 p.m.)
- 1979 World Series Celebration: In celebration of the 35th Anniversary of the Pirates victory over the Orioles to win the 1979 World Series, members of the 1979 team will be on hand for a special pregame celebration at PNC Park. Members scheduled to appear include: Matt Alexander, Tony Bartirome (trainer), Mike Easler, Tim Foli, Phil Garner, Grant Jackson, Bruce Kison, Lee Lacy, Bill Madlock, Al Monchak (coach), Omar Moreno, Steve Nicosia, Ed Ott, Dave Parker, Don Robinson, Jim Rooker, Manny Sanguillen, Bob Skinner (coach), Rennie Stennett and Kent Tekulve will be on hand for a special pregame celebration. Players subject to change.
- HOP Visit: A Pirates Player, along with the Pirate Parrot will visit McKnight Elementary (500 Cumberland Road, Pittsburgh, 15237) as a reward to the students for their fantastic fundraising efforts for this year's HOP for LLS! HOP is a fundraising program educating youths about the importance of helping others by raising money to help beat blood cancer and having fun while doing it. McKnight raised a recording breaking total of $17,100.16 through HOP.
- Wine Nights: Tonight is the first of five Wine Tasting Nights throughout 2014 at PNC Park. For just $70 fans receive a ticket in a luxury suite, an invite to a pregame wine tasting, and more. For complete information and to order tickets visit pirates.com/winenights.
- Season Ticket Holder: In a pregame on-field ceremony the Pirates will recognize a select group of 100 five-year to nine-year season ticket holders as part of an ongoing season-long effort to thank Pirates Season Ticket Holders.
- IC Light Can Launch: Tonight at the IC Light Landing, located behind the left field bleachers, be the first to pick up the new IC Light collectible Pirates can. Pittsburgh Brewing is releasing three new Pirates themed can designs throughout the year and two will be available during the season exclusively to fans at PNC Park before going on sale to the general public. The second can in the series proudly features the Jolly Roger over white pinstripes.
- Lady Bucs Night: Tonight is the first Lady Bucs Club Party of 2014. Members will enjoy a pre-game party in the Pirates Picnic Park complete with a wine stopper giveaway and prizes, an opportunity to watch batting practice at PNC Park as well as watch the game from the Lady Bucs Club section. Join the Lady Bucs Club today and receive great benefits including one ticket to two special party nights, a membership card and lanyard, access to the remaining Lady Bucs Club pre-game parties throughout the season and a complimentary t-shirt. For complete information and to become a member, visit pirates.com/ladybucs.
Thursday, May 22, 2014 - Pirates vs. Washington Nationals (7:05 p.m.)
- Social Media Night: Join us for a party on the deck tonight as the Pirates host the first Social Media Night of 2014 at PNC Park. For $20 fans will receive a seat on the Pirates Left Field Deck PLUS $10 in loaded value on the game ticket to be redeemed at any PNC Park concession or merchandise stand. Participants will also receive a @Pirates t- shirt FREE and a special invite to the pre-game reception on the Left Field Deck starting at 5:30 p.m. The reception will include an appearance by Pirates players, activities, prizes and giveaways. For more information and to order tickets, visit pirates.com/socialmedia.
Friday, May 23, 2014 - Pirates vs. Washington Nationals (7:05 p.m.)
- Friday Block Party: Tonight is the first Friday Block Party of 2014 on Federal Street. Fans will enjoy live music featuring East Coast Turnaround and can party on the street with food & beer sales.
- First Responders Night: Join the Pirates in honoring area first responders at PNC Park! Tickets for first responders with a valid ID and their families are available for $35 including $5 of Loaded Value Credit. For more information, visit pirates.com/firstresponders.
- Free Shirt Friday: The Pirates popular Free Shirt Friday continues as the first 25,000 fans, with paid admission, will receive a Pirates tee, compliments of ROOT Sports.
- Affinity Card Game: as part of the many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, tonight is a PNC Bank Pirates Affinity Card game. Fans can save up to $10 on tickets for select games throughout the season simply by using a PNC Bank Affinity Card. For full details, visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
Saturday, May 24, 2014 - Pirates vs. Washington Nationals (7:15 p.m.)
- JHay In the Community: The Pirates Josh Harrison will be signing free autographs for fans from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Miracle Mile PNC Bank in Monroeville (4044 William Penn Highway).
- Alvarez Bobblehead: Tonight the first 25,000 fans, with paid admission, to enter PNC Park will receive a Pedro Alvarez Silver Slugger Bobblehead, presented by Trib Total Media.
- Scratch 'n Win: everyone is a winner with the special Scratch 'n Win presented by Eat 'n Park. All fans with receive a scratch-off ticket upon entering PNC Park with an opportunity to win one of several great prizes.
Sunday, May 25, 2014 - Pirates vs. Washington Nationals (1:35 p.m.) Kids Day
- McCutchen wristband: All kids 14 and younger, with paid admission, will receive a kids Andrew McCutchen N.L. MVP wristband, presented by Mrs. T's Pierogies.
- Kids Day: Come down early and join the fun as the #1 Cochran Family Fun Zone will be open on Federal Street from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lined up outside PNC Park will be inflatable rides, face painting, information about the Bucaroos Kids Club, presented by Chick-fil-A and more.
- Kids Run the Bases: Kids attending today's game are invited to stick around after to run the bases on the field at PNC Park with the Kids Run the Bases, presented by Kennywood.
- Youth Baseball and Softball Day: Join the Pirates as we celebrate Youth Baseball and Softball Day at PNC. The first 1,000 players & coaches to register as a team will participate in a special pre-game ceremony on the field. Kids can run the bases following the game. Players & coaches are encouraged to wear their team jerseys! To sign up your entire team or league, visit pirates.com/youthbaseballandsoftball or contact Elliott Crichfield at email@example.com or (412) 325-4930. All tickets are subject to availability.
- Pitch for Hope: The fourth annual Pitch for Hope women's baseball clinic will take place this morning on the field at PNC Park. The day includes a morning instruction session on the field, followed by a Q&A with Pirates players, a catered brunch, a special tee-shirt, and a ticket for the afternoon game vs. the Washington Nationals. For complete information visit pirates.com/pitchforhope.
- Advantage Card Game: as part of many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, today is a Giant Eagle Advantage Card game. Fans can save up to $10 on select tickets for every Sunday home game. For complete details, visit pirates.com/advantagecard.
Voting has begun for the 2014 MLB All Star game in Minnesota and to encourage fans to vote for their favorite Buccos, the Pirates are offering extra incentives to cast ballots. Fans voting for their favorite Pirates can take advantage of a special buy one, get one free ticket offer. The Pirates want fans to vote early and vote often. Fans are now able to vote a maximum of 35 times online with the 2014 All-Star Game MLB.com Ballot. Online voting ends July 3 at 11:59 p.m. ET. To vote for your Pirates and for complete details, visit pirates.com/vote.
Military Ticket Discount
The Pirates are proud to team up with GovX.com to offer discounted tickets to active-duty, reserve, veteran, and retired service members and their families. All season long military members are invited to save up to $10 per ticket on select seats at PNC Park. Tickets are available now at pirates.com/military and a valid active-duty, reserve, retired, dependent or DOD employee ID card is required for ticket window purchases.
College Student Discount
For select games during the 2014 season, students with a valid college email address will receive a special discount off the advance ticket price of select games. To receive the code, college students may simply fill out the form at pirates.com/student. Each code is valid for up to fourteen tickets.
Hunt Auction Memorabilia Show
The Celebration of the Pittsburgh Pirates Autograph and Memorabilia Show, presented by Hunt Auctions will take place Saturday May 24 at the David L Lawrence Convention Center from 9am to 5pm. Public appearances by current Buccos including Andrew McCutchen, Neil Walker, Gerrit Cole, Pedro Alvarez, as well Pirates alumni such as Bill Mazeroski, Bill Madlock and more. Plus buy and sell memorabilia with the area's leading dealers. Admission is free and for complete signing schedule, pricing, or to purchase autograph tickets, visit huntauctions.com/store.
Dynamic Pricing Section
The Pirates popular dynamic pricing system is back in 2014 and includes both the Bleacher Reserve and Upper Bleacher Reserve sections of PNC Park. Tickets for the 2,400 seats, located in left field, will be placed on sale 10-days prior to each home game. The initial ticket price will then be adjusted- both lower and higher- in real time, based on several factors. For the complete list of games and to find the on-sale dates, visit pirates.com/dynamic.
Hunt Auctions Kiosk
Located on the main concourse behind section 125, the Hunt Auctions kiosk is your one and only source for game-used and autographed items at PNC Park. Stop by to own your piece of the 2013 Pirates post-season, or check out our new autographed and game-used products featuring Gerrit Cole, Pedro Alvarez, Andrew McCutchen and more.
Pirates Season Ticket Plans
Pro-rated Full Season, half season, and 20-game season ticket plans are available for the 2014 season. Full and partial- season ticket plans feature exclusive benefits including guaranteed seats for the biggest games, discounted ticket prices, invitations to special season ticket holder events featuring Pirates players and executives, plus much more. For more information regarding purchasing a season ticket plan, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/tickets.
The Pirates are pleased to offer a variety of fan-friendly values throughout 2014, simply visit pirates.com/tickets for these great deals and more.
- Kids Pricing: The Pirates are pleased to offer special ticket prices for all 81 home games for kids ages 14 and younger in select sections of PNC Park. Save up to $9 on kid's single game tickets.
- Coca-Cola Fan Pack: Every Sunday game at PNC Park fans will have the opportunity to purchase the Coca-Cola Fan Pack for only $35. The deal includes a Lower Outfield Box ticket, a hot dog, pretzel and a Coca-Cola fountain drink.
- All You Can Eat: The All You Can Eat Seats are a popular way to enjoy a game in Sections 201 through 205. Tickets include all the hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, salads, popcorn, peanuts, peanut butter-filled pretzels, ice cream and soda you can handle for one low price -- and there are dedicated All You Can Eat concession stands with a speed line approach. Please visit pirates.com/allyoucaneat for tickets and pricing.
- Port Authority Connect and Save: Fans can save up to $10 on tickets for every Monday through Thursday home game through August 7 with their Port Authority ConnectCard.
For a complete list of the 2014 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.