09/17/2012 2:09 PM EST
Pirates Homestand Highlights Tuesday, September 18 thru Thursday, September 20, 2012
Roberto Clemente Day and Afternoon Baseball Headline 12th Homestand
The Pittsburgh Pirates return to PNC Park for a three-game series with division rivals the Milwaukee Brewers. The 12th homestand will be highlighted by Roberto Clemente Day on Wednesday, September 19 and a special 4:05 p.m. start time on Thursday, September 20.
Tuesday, September 18, 2012-- Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (7:05 p.m.)
• Roberto Clemente Day: As part of the two-day celebration in honor of the great Roberto Clemente, the Pirates will recognize the team’s Clemente Award winner and one player from each of their minor league affiliates as the recipients of the organization’s fifth annual Pirates Community Commitment Program awards in a pregame on-field ceremony before tonight’s game. The Community Commitment Program encourages players throughout the Pirates’ system to emulate Clemente’s legacy of community service. The winners of the 2012 Community Commitment
o Jeff Clement, Indianapolis
o Tim Alderson, Altoona
o Casey Sadler, Bradenton
o Zach Von Rosenberg, West Virginia
o Luis Heredia, State College
o Yhonatan Herrand, Gulf Coast League
o Arquimedes Lorenzo, Dominican Summer League 1
o Jose Salazar, Dominican Summer League 2
• Pups in the Park: Fans can bring their pooch to the park as the Pirates and Dad’s Pet Care present Pup Night at PNC Park. Each ticket package (1 person & 1 dog) costs just $25 with additional human tickets available for $25 each. A portion of the proceeds benefit local animal shelters and seats are limited and subject to availability. For complete information and to order tickets fans can visit pirates.com/pups.
Wednesday, September 19, 2012-- Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (7:05 p.m.)
• Roberto Clemente Day: As part of the two-day celebration in honor of the great Roberto Clemente, Pirates players, coaches and front office staff will again visit a Pittsburgh area school to deliver much needed school supplies and equipment. This year the Pirates will visit Dilworth Elementary (6200 Stanton Ave), a Pittsburgh public school for a 10:00 a.m. assembly and to hand deliver the school supplies and equipment.
• Grilli Giveaways: Jason Grilli is taking over the Bucs Social Media Suite for the night. Grilli picked six lucky Twitter followers to receive a special prize package and tickets to tonight’s game in the Bucs Social Media Suite. For complete information on the Bucs Social Media Suite visit pirates.com/bucsocial.
• VIP Night: The Pirates and Pirates Charities will host a VIP Party for the Every Child, Inc. foundation. Every Child provides the opportunity for families to become self-sufficient, to build effective and lasting relationships and to contribute to safe and stable communities. VIP (Very Important Pirate) Parties are monthly parties held during the season at PNC Park that provide deserving children with a night at the ballpark in true VIP-style - complete with the opportunity to meet with Pirates players & coaches, a Pirates replica jersey and VIP goodie bag for each child. There will also be an opportunity to participate in a pregame ceremony, a seat to watch the game in an exclusive Luxury Suites, great menu items provided by Levy Restaurants, entertainment and much more.
• BOSA Program: Today more than 60 students from the Business of Sports Academy (BOSA) will visit PNC Park from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the PNC Park Hall of Fame Club. BOSA will introduce high school students to different career opportunities in sports beyond the playing surface and is a partnership between the Josh Gibson Foundation and Duquesne University. During the afternoon at PNC Park, students will get the opportunity to hear from speakers in sports marketing and media, accounting, sales, etc.
Thursday, September 20, 2012-- Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers (4:05 p.m.)
• Special Start Time of 4:05 p.m.: Today’s special start time allows fans to work almost a full day, then spend the afternoon and dinner at PNC Park.
• Check Card Game: As part of the many fan-friendly values at PNC Park, today is a PNC Bank Check Card game. Fans can save up to $10 on tickets for select games throughout the season simply by using a PNC Bank Check Card. For complete details, visit pirates.com/pnccheckcard.
The Pittsburgh Pirates announced their schedule for the 2013 season. For the second straight year and fifth time in PNC Park history, the team will open the season at home on April 1 against the Chicago Cubs. In addition to the 39 N.L. CentralDivisional home games against the rival St. Louis Cardinals, Chicago Cubs, Milwaukee Brewers and Cincinnati Reds throughout the season, the 2013 schedule features a two-game set with the Seattle Mariners, who will make their first trip back to PNC Park since the 2004 season. The Oakland Athletics will visit PNC Park from July 8 thru July 10 and the Bucs will close out the home schedule with an 11-game homestand against the Cubs, San Diego Padres and Reds from September 12 thru September 22. The entire 2013 schedule can be found at pirates.com.
Pirates Season Ticket Plans
• The Pirates have announced 2013 season ticket sales and renewals have begun. Pirates Season Ticket Holders will continue to receive the best value in the ballpark as the team also announced that the average ticket price for the 2013 season will once again represent one of the lowest in Major League Baseball. The Pirates maintained one of the lowest price points in all of professional sports with the team’s $449 Full Season Value Plan – which is an average of only $5.54 per ticket per game.
• The Pirates also announced the return of the “30-in-30” promotion that started on September 14, which will reward one Season Ticket Holder each day for 30 days. All full, half and 20-game season ticket holders who renew their tickets from now to October 13, 2012 will be eligible for the drawing from the time they process their order (a minimum of 1/7th the deposit is required to be eligible). Prizes include a trip for two to the 2013 Mid-Summer Classic, autographed items and more.
• The Pirates also announced the return of the “21-in-21” promotion. All new full, half, 20-game and 10-game ticket holders, as well as accounts that place a 2013 group deposit will be entered into daily drawings to win one of 21 spectacular prizes. Daily winners will start on Saturday, December 15 and will reward one new account holder for 21 days. Once you purchased a plan, you will automatically be entered into all 21 drawings. Prizes include a trip for two to Bradenton for Spring Training, autographed items and more. Full and partial-season ticket plans feature exclusive benefits including first priority for potential 2012 Postseason tickets for games played at PNC Park for all full-season, 41-game, and 20-game Season Ticket Holders. Fans who are not current season ticket holders, but put a deposit down toward a 2013 plan will also receive postseason priority. Among the many other benefits of being a Pirates Season Ticket Holder are guaranteed seats for the biggest games, discounted ticket prices, invitations to special season ticket holder events featuring Pirates players and executives, plus much more. For more information regarding purchasing ticket plans for 2012 or 2013, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit pirates.com/tickets.
All Pirates Full Season, Partial Season and 20-game Season Ticket Holders are invited to the 2012 Field Days at PNC Park from Friday, September 21 thru Sunday, September 23. Season Ticket Holders will have the opportunity to take batting practice and participate in fielding drills on the field at PNC Park. Field Days are another example of great benefits offered to Pirates Season Ticket Holders. For more information on becoming a Season Ticket Holder visit pirates.com/tickets.
Where’s the Parrot?
The Pirate Parrot is active in and around the community as an ambassador of the Pirates organization. Below are a few of the upcoming events he will be attending in the Greater Pittsburgh Area.
• The Auberle Voices Carry event at Stage AE on Tuesday, September 25 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. To schedule your visit by the Pirate Parrot, please call (412) 325-4730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dynamic Pricing Section
New for 2012, the Pirates unveiled dynamic pricing system for the Bleacher General Admission section at PNC Park. Tickets for the 1,400 seat section, located in left field, will be placed on sale 10-days prior to each home game. The initial ticket price will then be adjusted- both lower and higher- in real time, based on demand. As of Monday, September 17, this homestand features $10 tickets for the entire Brewers series. For the complete list of games and to find the on-sale dates, visit pirates.com/dynamic.
2012 Fan Values
• The Pirates are pleased to offer special ticket prices for all 81 home games for kids ages 14 and younger in select sections of PNC Park. Save up to $7 on kid’s single game tickets, visit pirates.com/tickets for more details.
• The Pepsi Max Pack returns for all Friday and Sunday games throughout the 2012 season. Each pack consists of one Outfield Box seat, one regular hot dog, one soft pretzel, and one regular Pepsi product, all for only $24. For
more information on Pepsi Max Packs or to purchase tickets, visit pirates.com/pepsimax.
• The Pirates single game tickets are among the most affordable in MLB as they start as low as $10. To order tickets for games throughout the 2012 season, visit pirates.com/tickets. For a complete list of the 2012 Pirates promotions and special events, visit pirates.com/promotions.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.