1/30/2013 3:19 P.M. ET
Pirates announce six Social Media Nights in 2013
Nights to Feature Pregame Receptions, Giveaways, Player Appearances and More
By / MLB.com
The Pittsburgh Pirates today announced the team will host six Social Media Nights during the 2013 season that will include player appearances, giveaways and more. In 2012, the team sold out all three of their Social Media Nights. Due to the popularity of the events, along with the increased focus of the team's social media efforts, the club has expanded on the concept and will now provide fans more options to join in on the fun.
2013 Social Media Nights:
- Wednesday, April 17 vs. St. Louis Cardinals
- Wednesday, May 22 vs. Chicago Cubs
- Wednesday, June 12 vs. San Francisco Giants
- Wednesday, July 10 vs. Oakland Athletics
- Thursday, August 1 vs. St. Louis Cardinals
- Wednesday, September 18 vs. San Diego Padres
Tickets for the nights are available at pirates.com/socialmedia and are located in the Outfield Deck area. Tickets cost only $20 per game and the price includes $10 in loaded value on each ticket that is redeemable for concessions and merchandise throughout PNC Park. Fans will also gain entry into a special pregame reception on the Outfield Deck that will begin at 5:30 p.m. each night and include:
- Special appearances by Pirates players, executives and broadcasters
- All participants receive a FREE @Pirates T-Shirt.
- Pirates flagship radio station SPORTSRADIO 93.7 THE FAN will broadcast their pregame show live from the event.
- Prizes and giveaways, including autographed items, will be raffled off throughout the event.
In addition, one fan from each pregame reception will be chosen to represent the Pirates social media followers as the Pirates “Fan of the Game.” The “Fan of the Game” will be recognized during the pregame ceremony on the field and change a base in between innings with the PNC Park grounds crew.
For more information on "Social Media Nights" and to purchase tickets, visit pirates.com/socialmedia, call 1-800-BUY-BUCS or visit the PNC Park Box Office. Fans can find out how to follow along with the Pirates via social media by visiting pirates.com/connect.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.