3/26/2013 3:44 P.M. ET
Pittsburgh Pirates announce complete 2013 broadcast schedule
By / MLB.com
The Pittsburgh Pirates announced today the complete television and radio broadcast schedule for the 2013 regular season.
ROOT SPORTS, the exclusive rights holder to Pittsburgh Pirates regional baseball game telecasts, is currently scheduled to produce and distribute 151 regular season Pirates games, all in high definition. ROOT SPORTS has also partnered with MLB Network to telecast five additional games in the early part of the 2013 season. Those games, which will be produced by ROOT SPORTS, will be shown throughout the entire Pirates home television territory on MLB Network and include:
- April 13, vs. Cincinnati Reds, 7:05 p.m.
- April 17, vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 7:05 p.m.
- April 19, vs. Atlanta Braves, 7:05 p.m.
- April 20, vs. Atlanta Braves, 7:05 p.m.
- April 22, at Philadelphia Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Pirates' baseball games are scheduled to appear nationally six times throughout the season on FOX, five of those games will be played at PNC Park. The telecasts include:
- May 4, vs. Washington Nationals, 4:05 p.m.
- June 1, vs. Cincinnati Reds, 7:15 p.m.
- June 29, vs. Milwaukee Brewers, 7:15 p.m.
- July 13, vs. New York Mets, 7:15 p.m.
- July 20, at Cincinnati Reds, 4:05 p.m.
- August 17, vs. Arizona Diamondbacks, 4:05 p.m.
ROOT SPORTS will provide fans with additional Pirates coverage all season long including LIVE pre and postgame for all telecasts, new episodes of Inside Pirates Baseball and other exclusive Pirates-related programming.
All 162 regular season games can also be heard on 93-7 THE FAN in Pittsburgh and throughout the Pittsburgh region on the Pirates Radio Network. The Pirates flagship radio station, 93-7 THE FAN, will air extended local pregame and postgame coverage before and after every broadcast. The station will also air the "Clint Hurdle Show" before every pre-game show and the "Neal Huntington Show" every Sunday prior to the pre-game show.
Greg Brown, Tim Neverett, Steve Blass, Bob Walk and John Wehner will again call all the action in 2013.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.