11/22/2013 11:36 A.M. ET
Pirates 2014 single game tickets and promo schedule information released
Individual game tickets to go on sale at 10 a.m. on "Black Friday"
By / MLB.com
The Pittsburgh Pirates announced today the public on-sale date for individual game tickets for the 2014 season will take place on "Black Friday"-- Friday, November 29, 2013-- at 10 a.m. At that time, all fans will have the opportunity to purchase tickets to all regular season games scheduled at PNC Park, including limited inventory for the Pirates Home Opener on Monday, March 31 vs. the Chicago Cubs.
The team has also released details of its 2014 promotional schedule that includes nearly 30 promotional giveaway dates, as well as the return of the popular PNC Park Concert Series and six Saturday postgame firework displays, powered by Zambelli Fireworks.
2014 PNC Park Concert Series:
- The Saturday, June 7 "Fan Jam" will feature the popular rock band the Goo Goo Dolls in a postgame concert after the Pirates take on the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Saturday, August 30 Highmark presents Skyblast, powered by Zambelli, which will feature singer/ songwriter Gavin DeGraw in a postgame concert following the Pirates game with the Cincinnati Reds.
- The Saturday, September 13 "Fan Jam" will feature a soon to be announced performing artist after the Pirates take on the Chicago Cubs.
Other notable 2014 promotions include:
- Saturday, May 24 will feature a Pedro Alvarez bobblehead as the first 25,000 fans will receive a 2013 Alvarez Silver Slugger bobblehead, presented by Trib Total Media.
- Saturday, June 28 the Pirates will pay tribute to 2013 National League MVP Andrew McCutchen as the first 25,000 fans will receive a McCutchen N.L. MVP bobblehead.
- The return of the popular "Free Shirt Fridays" as the first 25,000 fans at all 13 Friday home games in 2014 will receive a complimentary Pirates t-shirt.
- Sundays will once again be designated as "Kids Days" at PNC Park. There will be fun and games outside PNC Park on Federal Street prior to each Sunday afternoon home game. Most Sunday dates will feature a special giveaway for kids 14 years of age and under with paid admission to the game as well as the popular post game Kids Run the Bases promotion (weather permitting).
The most up-to-date promotion schedule can now be found at pirates.com/promotions and the complete promotion schedule will be available at the 2013 PirateFest.
Starting Friday, November 29, all high demand promotional games for 2014 will be on sale along with Opening Day, key divisional games and interleague matchups with the Toronto Blue Jays, Baltimore Orioles, Detroit Tigers and the 2013 World Champion Boston Red Sox. See the complete 2014 schedule at pirates.com.
New for the 2014 season, the Pirates will utilize a three-tier variable pricing system that will assign specific value-pricing to select games. Opening Day, all Saturday games beginning in May, and popular matchups against the Boston Red Sox and Philadelphia Phillies will be designated as "Gold" Games (17 games). Saturday games in April, and Friday games beginning in May-- excluding the Phillies game on July 4-- will be designated as "Black" Games (12) and will be priced lower than the "Gold" games. All other home games (52) will be designated as "White" Games, where fans will realize the greatest value.
Pirates individual game tickets remain an incredible family value as a family of four can sit in the Upper Grandstand between the bases for one of 52 White Games for a total of only $44 ($14 for each adult ticket, $8 for each kids ticket); $52 for one of 12 Black Games ($16 per adult ticket, $10 per kids ticket); and $60 for one of 17 Gold games ($18 per adult ticket, $12 per kids ticket).
Tickets for all games can be purchased beginning on November 29 at 10 a.m. online at pirates.com/tickets, at the PNC Park Main Ticket Office, or by calling 1-877-893-2827. Fans are also encouraged to visit the Pirates ticketing kiosks located in Ross Park and South Hills Village Malls throughout the holiday season.
Fans will also be able to purchase Pirates tickets at the 24th annual PirateFest, presented by T-Mobile, taking place on Saturday, December 14 and Sunday, December 15 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
Prior to the November 29 public on-sale, there will be several special pre-sale opportunities available, such as:
- Monday, November 25 Full-Season and Half-Season Ticket Holders
- Tuesday, November 26 20-game Season Ticket Holders, sponsors, and group leaders
- Wednesday, November 27 Pirates.com Registered Users & Pirates social media followers
- Friday, November 29 Public on-sale at 10 a.m.
Fans have the opportunity to become eligible for these special pre-sales by simply becoming a Pirates Season Ticket Holder by visiting pirates.com/tickets; signing up for email alerts and discounts at Pirates.com as a Registered User; or following the Pirates' social media via Twitter (@Pirates), Facebook (Facebook.com/PittsburghPirates) and Instagram (PittsburghPirates).
For those fans who want to ensure that they get their seats for all games on their 2014 wish list, season ticket plans are also on sale now. Choose from a Full Season Plan starting as low as $499, 41-Game Plans featuring every weekend game, and 20-Game Plans that are designed around the best games of the season. Fans can visit pirates.com/tickets for more information.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.