This marks the 24th year of the Pirates-themed indoor baseball carnival, the largest indoor celebration of its kind with participation from current Pirates players and coaches as well as alumni and executives.
This year's event will feature the following:
- Free autograph sessions with current and former Pirates players and coaches.*
- Opportunity to purchase 2014 season and individual game tickets.
- All fans attending PirateFest will receive a 2014 Pirates wall calendar, 2014 pocket schedule and PirateFest program upon entrance.
- Q & A sessions with Pirates executives, coaches and players.
- The chance for fans to join players in versions of "Card Sharks" or "Let's Make A Deal", take on the Pirate Parrot in "Beat the Parrot," play "Deal Or No Deal" and take part in pierogie eating contests, sponsored by Mrs. T's Pierogies.
- Kids Fun Zone featuring many activities for children.
- "Pirates Authentics" area to include game-used jerseys, bats, baseballs and more available for purchase.
- A charity raffle with proceeds to benefit Pirates Charities.
- Pirates Social Media VIP area.
- Inflatable rides, batting cages and carnival games.
- Information on 2014 Pirates Season Ticket Packages and Group Outings.
- Information on the Pirates 2014 promotional schedule.
*players, coaches and schedules subject to change
Fans are also encouraged to donate a new toy at the Pirates Charities booth throughout the weekend to support the Allegheny County Department of Human Services Holiday Project. Fans 14 years of age and older making a new toy donation will receive a special Pirates Charities coffee mug (Limit one mug per eligible fan, while supplies last).